- Senior Research Associate
Ugo Trivellato is Professor Emeritus of Economic Statistics at the School of Statistics of the University of Padova, where he was previously Professor from 1980 to 2010, and research fellow at FBK-IRVAPP.
His main research fields are programme evaluation, labour supply and unemployment, structural equation models with measurement errors. On these topics he has published extensively in various journals, among which European Economic Review, Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Journal of Econometrics, Labour, Quality & Quantity; and The Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, A.
He is affiliated to CESifo, IZA, member of the Istituto Veneto di Scienze Lettere ed Arti and of the Scientific Committee of the Ermanno Gorrieri Foundation on Social Studies. He has been project leader of several research projects on worker mobility and programme evaluation of labour market and welfare policies, supported by grants from the Italian Ministry of University and Scientific Research, the Ministry of Labour and Welfare, and Eurostat. Currently, he is member of the Istat’s Scientific Commission on the measurement of well-being and the Scientific Advisory Board of the project “Data without Boundaries (FP7-13)”.
In 2005 he was awarded the “Premio di Economia del lavoro Ezio Tarantelli” for his contribution to labour economics.
- The effects of labour market deregulation on individuals transitions between labour market states: the case of Italian reforms
- The Italian programme "Liste di Mobilità": An analysis of the impact of its 'passive' component
- Changes in the Italian unemployment insurance scheme and estimation of their effects on unemployment duration and transition to a new job
- Ex-ante and ex-post evaluation of passive labour policies
- Monitoring and evaluation of the Youth Guarantee in Trentino
- Merging microdata from panel surveys and registers for the study of work histories: a pilot on Trentino
- ACHAB - Affording College with the Help of Asset Building