Ugo Trivellato is Professor Emeritus of Economic Statistics at the School of Statistics of the University of Padova, where he was previously Professor from 1980 to 2010, and research fellow at FBK-IRVAPP.
His main research fields are programme evaluation, labour supply and unemployment, structural equation models with measurement errors. On these topics he has published extensively in various journals, among which European Economic Review, Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Journal of Econometrics, Labour, Quality & Quantity; and The Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, A.
He is affiliated to CESifo, IZA, member of the Istituto Veneto di Scienze Lettere ed Arti and of the Scientific Committee of the Ermanno Gorrieri Foundation on Social Studies. He has been project leader of several research projects on worker mobility and programme evaluation of labour market and welfare policies, supported by grants from the Italian Ministry of University and Scientific Research, the Ministry of Labour and Welfare, and Eurostat. Currently, he is member of the Istat’s Scientific Commission on the measurement of well-being and the Scientific Advisory Board of the project “Data without Boundaries (FP7-13)”.
In 2005 he was awarded the “Premio di Economia del lavoro Ezio Tarantelli” for his contribution to labour economics.
- Impact evaluation of some active labour market policies in the Province of Trento
- Ex-ante and ex-post evaluation of passive labour policies
- Monitoring and evaluation of the Youth Guarantee in Trentino
- Merging microdata from panel surveys and registers for the study of work histories: a pilot on Trentino
- ACHAB - Affording College with the Help of Asset Building