- Labour Economics,
- Policy evaluation,
- Gender Economics,
- Household Economics
Daniela Piazzalunga is Research Fellow at FBK-IRVAPP since June 2016. She has been awarded her Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Turin and Collegio Carlo Alberto in January 2016. She also collaborates with CHILD Collegio Carlo Alberto and is Research Affiliate at IZA. Her research interests include labour economics, gender economics, and household economics, with a focus on policy evaluation methods.
Publications (peer reviewed)
- Piazzalunga D., Di Tommaso, M. L. (2018) “The Increase of the Gender Wage Gap in Italy during the 2008-2012 Economic Crisis”, Journal of Economic Inequality, online first doi: 10.1007/s10888-018-9396-8.
- Strøm, S., Piazzalunga, D., Venturini, A., and Villosio, C. (2018) “Wage assimilation of immigrants and internal migrants: the role of linguistic distance”, Regional Studies 52(10): 1423-1434.
- Del Boca, D., Piazzalunga, D., and Pronzato, C. (2018) “The role of grandparenting in early childcare and child outcomes”, Review of Economics of the Household, 16(2): 477-517.
- Piazzalunga, D. (2018) The Gender Wage Gap among College Graduates in Italy, Italian Economic Journal, 4(1): 33-90.
- Piazzalunga, D. (2015). “Is There a Double-Negative Effect? Gender and Ethnic Wage Differentials in Italy”, LABOUR, 29(3): 243-269.
- Marchetti, S., Piazzalunga, D. and Venturini, A. (2014). “Does Italy represent an opportunity for temporary migrants from the eastern partnership countries?”, IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, 3:8.
- Sierminksa, E., Piazzalunga, D., Grabka, M.M. (2018) Transitioning towards more equality? Wealth gender differences and the changing role of explanatory factors over time, LISER WP 2018-18.
- Meroni, E., Piazzalunga, D., Pronzato, C. (2018) Use of Extra-School Time and Child Behaviours: Evidence from the UK, IZA DP 11606
- Piazzalunga, D. (2017). “Till Money Us Do Part: Property Division at Divorce and Married Couples’ Time Use Behaviour”, Unicredit&Universities WP 94.
Awarded the Unicredit and Universities UWIN Best Paper Award on Gender Economics
Other Publications, Chapters in Books and Reports
- Del Boca, D., Martino, E. M., Piazzalunga, D. (2017). “Investments in Early Education and Child Outcomes: The Short and the Long Run”, ifo DICE Report, 15(1): 43-48.
- Del Boca, D., Piazzalunga, D., Pronzato, C. (2017). “Early Childcare, Child Cognitive Outcomes and Inequalities in the UK”, in H. Blossfeld, N. Kulic, J. Skopek. and M. Triventi (eds.) Childcare, Early Education and Social Inequality. An International Perspective, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing. [link]
- Villosio, C., Di Tommaso, M. L., Grinza, E., Rossi M. C., Piazzalunga, D., Mantouvalou, K. and Caisl, J. (2017). “Economic benefits of gender equality in the European Union. Literature review: existing evidence and methodological approaches”, European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) report.
- Del Boca, D., Flinn C., Pronzato C., Piazzalunga D., Sorrenti G., Wiswall M. (2016). “Child Care Policies in Different Countries”, report for the for the XVIII European Conference, Fondazione Rodolfo DeBenedetti.
- Marchetti, S., Piazzalunga, D. and Venturini, A. (2013). “Costs and Benefits of Labour Mobility Between the EU and the Eastern Partnership Countries. Country Report: Italy”, EuropeAid/130215/C/SER/Multi, Turin; also available as IZA DP 7635.